The information we collect about you
Information we collect about you from using our site
While on our site, we automatically log certain information about how you’re using our site. This information may include the URL that you just came from, your IP address (or a partially anonymized IP address) and the pages you visit while on our site.
We may place a pixel on pages on our site, or those of our advertisers, affiliates, and partners. This enables us to record in our server logs that a specific user ID has visited a particular page. This data allows us to analyze and determine our audience’s behavioralcharacteristics, which helps us to optimize our site, advertisement placement, and marketing focus.
Information we receive from other sources
We allow our affiliates and partners to collect certain information when you visit our site. They may utilize cookies, pixels, beacons, or other technologies to collect and use information about you during your visit to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements they feel you would like.
To learn more about this behavioral advertising, including information on how to opt-out, please visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance, at www.aboutads.info or the Networking Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices
The legal bases upon which we rely
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which we may collect and process your personal data in certain circumstances, including:
- Consent – we can collect and process your data with your consent.
o For example, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us at the point at we collected your information.
- Contractual obligations – we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
o For example, where you have provided us with your email address to receive our services, we will use this information in order to effectively deliver and communicate our services.
- Legal compliance – If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
o For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or their criminal activity to applicable law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest – we may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business, and which does not materially impact your rights.
o For example, it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and we provide you with the information, products, and services that we believe you would benefit from.
How we use your information
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To keep you informed about products and services similar to the ones you subscribe to.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- Internal research: Cookies (which are discussed further below) and the other information we automatically track, are used to help us better understand how our audience uses our site as well as for internal research on users’ demographics and interests.
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted by one of the legal bases above, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our products/services and those of our affiliates and business partners.
Where your information is stored
We store our data on servers located within the United States. Our products and services are intended solely for that market.
Cookies and other technologies
Cookies contain bits of data that websites such as ours place on your computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies can make the internet more useful by collecting and storing information about your preferences on a particular site and help websites operate more efficiently. Cookies and similar technologies enable you to be remembered when using that computer or device to interact with websites and online services and can be used to manage a range of features and content as well as storing searches and presenting personalized content.
We use our cookies:
- With the aim of optimizing our website and improving your experience. Cookies help us estimate our audience size, determine usage patterns, and help us better target content and advertisements based on our users’ interests.
- You have the option of not accepting the cookies we set. However, if you reject our cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our site, including subscription-based services.
Links to other websites
Personal information from children
Cookie Removal and More Information
- You can always modify your browser so as not to accept cookies or to notify you when cookies are sent to it. For more information about cookies, including removing any or all of your cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Also, if you would like to remove the Google Analytics and DoubleClick cookies, please go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/, respectively. You should be aware that this will affect your Google cookies on all sites, and not just ours.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Access to paid-for areas of the site is password-protected for your privacy and security. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. If you need to change your password, please follow the steps outlined below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookie Statement
We may amend this Privacy and Cookie Statement from time to time. If we make any substantive changes to this policy, we’ll announce it on our site and notify you by email.